Due to the nature of these works, they were completed during plant shutdown between April & November. Works included:
- Extensive investigation utilising vacuum excavators due to limited as-built service information.
- 300m+ of open cut excavations for installation of new vent lines through the middle of the compressor plant. These excavations were blinded and sanded ready for mechanical pipework installation
- Excavation & installation of temporary works (sheets driven by others) for new balance line installation. This excavation was up to 4.5m deep and excessive breakout of rock layer. Hercules utilised BROKK remote breaker to eliminate risk of persons working within the trench during breakout operations.
- Fence Support – excavation & installation of support steelwork to existing high security fence line to allow new pipework to pass beneath.
- Backfill of all process pipework including import of large quantities of sand to surround ‘live’ gas pipework post installation. Due to the critical nature of the shutdown, night shifts were mobilised to ensure pipework was backfilled on time to allow plant to be brought back online.