Hercules Site Services Ltd is committed to ensuring that health, safety and wellbeing is a priority for all, and we understand our responsibility to carry out our operations as far as practically possible without risks to our health, safety and wellbeing. It is our goal to provide a place of employment where every individual is given the time, equipment and training necessary to perform their jobs without incident or injury. We encourage a positive health & safety culture and encourage all personnel to challenge unsafe behaviours or conditions.
Hercules Site Services will strive to maintain the highest standards of safety to fully comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the provisions laid down in the Hercules Business Management System, in particular to;
- Provide and maintain a healthy working environment at all times.
- Meeting the law as a minimum.
- Ensure adequate control of health and safety risks arising from work activities, including communication with clients.
- Provide instruction, training, supervision and information to enable all employees to carry out their duties safely and to actively contribute to their safety within the organisation.
- Ensure that all employees are competent in the work activities they are engaged in.
- Provide safe and healthy systems of work by taking all practical steps to ensure that all plant, machinery and equipment is designed, constructed and operated in a safe manner, including the provision of appropriate protective equipment and clothing.
- Provide suitable and sufficient risk assessments and method statements, as required by relevant legislation, for all tasks carried out by Hercules Site Services Ltd, and that all employees are provided with sufficient information regarding those assessments.
- Ensure our working patterns limit the likelihood of fatigue and take action to promote wellbeing throughout the company.
- Continue to expand our First Aid trained staff and Mental Health First Aider network throughout the organisation.
- Ensure consultation and participation of our workforce through our SHEQ Committee, Mental Health Steering Group, team meetings, regular toolbox talks and briefings, company newsletter and SHEQ bulletins, and face to face discussions.
- Ensure that all clients’/main contractors’ health & safety and emergency procedures, plans, and policies are also carried out and complied with, including RIDDOR compliance arrangements.
- Commit to continual improvement.
Every employee has a responsibility for ensuring that they;
- Undertake the work they are required to do, taking reasonable care for the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves, their colleagues, visitors, customers, contractors and members of the public.
- Use the correct tools, protective clothing and equipment when and where necessary, and in the way they were designed to be used.
- Do not interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health and safety.
- Report any accident, incident or near miss to management that may have led to injury or damage, and also any medical condition likely to impair their safe working performance.
- Give all assistance as required in the investigation of accidents.
- Become familiar with and conform to this policy and relevant safety instructions at all times.
- Co-operate with the management in any efforts to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Follow and comply with PD 16 Refusal to Work Policy where any situation arises.
- Abide by PD 15 Management of Fatigue Policy.
This Health & Safety Policy is communicated and made available to all employees, clients, contractors, suppliers, and other interested parties. This provides the framework for the review of objectives, documentation and maintenance of Health & Safety. The Managing Director shall review this policy annually or following significant changes.
Hercules Site Services Ltd
Download a copy