The objective of Internet security is to ensure business continuity by preventing loss of information. Information takes many forms and includes data stored on computers, transmitted across networks, printed out or written on paper, sent by fax, stored on tapes and diskettes, or spoken in conversations or over the telephone. The protection of information from unauthorised disclosure or intelligible interruption over the internet is imperative. Safeguarding the accuracy and completeness of information by protecting against unauthorised access.
The purpose of the policy is to
• protect the Company’s information assets from all threats, whether internal or external, deliberate or accidental.
• To ensure that information and vital services are available to users when they need them.
It is the policy of the Company to use all reasonably practicable measures to ensure that:
• Information will be protected against unauthorised access.
• Confidentiality of information is assured.
• Integrity of information is maintained.
• Regulatory and legislative requirements will be met.
• Business Continuity plans will be produced, maintained and tested.
• Requirements for availability of information and information systems will be met.
This statement should be read in conjunction with QS 15 Internet Security Procedure and all managers are directly responsible for implementing the policy within their business areas, and for adherence by their staff.
It is the responsibility of each employee to do everything reasonable within their power to ensure that this policy is carried into effect. Controls are already in place which include the requirements of legislation such as the Companies Act, Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Breaches of Internet Security:
Any breach of information security, actual or suspected, should be reported to, and investigated by the Head of Innovation & Technology, who will report to the appropriate Senior Leadership personnel.
The Managing Director shall review this policy annually or following significant changes.
Hercules Site Services Ltd
Download a copy